|S. No.||Diploma Level Programs||
Year of Start
|1||Diploma in Civil Engineering (D.C.E)||1946||60+60*|
|2||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (D.M.E)||1946||60+60*|
|3||Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (D.E.E.E)||1946||60+60*|
|4||Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering (D.Met.E)||1965||60|
|5||Diploma in Automobile Engineering (D.A.E)||1995||60|
|6||Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering (D.E.C.E)||2008||60|
- COURSES OFFERED
*II shift Intake
- Curriculum and Its Salient Features
The Revised New Curriculum i.e., Curriculum-2016 (C-16) is Approved by BoG of State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET), Andhra Pradesh for its implementation with effect from 2016-17.
- Duration of Course or Programme is either 3 Years/ 3-1/2 years duration of Regular Academic Instruction.
- The Curriculum is prepared in Semester Pattern .However, First Year is conducted as year-wise Pattern
- 6 Months Industrial Training is Introduced for all the Diploma Level programmes except Chemical and Metallurgy Programmes.
- Candidates who wish to seek admission in any of the diploma courses will have to appear for Common Entrance Test for admission into Polytechnics (POLYCET) Conducted by SBTET,AP, Vijayawada.
- For admission into i) DHMCT ii)D.Pharmacy programmes, the candidates need not appear for POLCET. A separate notification will be issued for these programmes.
- A minimum of 75% attendance is required to appear for the end examination in all subjects.
- Condonation of shortage of attendance up to 10% may be granted by the principal on medical Grounds.
- Candidates having less than 65% attendance shall be detained.
- Each Theory Subject Carries 80 marks with Examination of 3 hours duration along with 20 marks for internal evaluation. In case of I year students three unit tests will be conducted out of which best two unit tests average marks are considered for internal evaluation. For III, IV, V semesters two unit tests will be conducted and unit tests average marks are considered for internal evaluation
- Each Practical Subject Carries 60 marks with Examination of 3 hours duration along with 40 marks for regular practical work done.
- In case of Industrial training, 200 marks for two spells of assessment, 30 marks for Maintenance of Log Book, 30 marks for training Record and 40 marks for Seminar/Viva-Voce
Automobile Engineering section has various laboratories including Automobile Lab, Vehicle Diagnostic and Automobile Servicing and Maintenance. Driving Simulator is procured recently to impart Virtual Driving Practice to the Students.
Civil Engineering Section has various laboratories including Strength of Materials, Hydraulics , Survey stores, Soil mechanics.
Electrical Engineering Section has various laboratories including AC machines, DC Machines, CAD & PLC, Wiring and Power Electronics and Measurements.
Electronics and Communication Engineering Section has various laboratories including Electronics Lab, Communication Systems, Networking Digital electronics and Microprocessors.
Mechanical Engineering section has various laboratories including Thermal engineering, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Hydraulics, Fluid Power Control Systems, Non Conventional Energy Sources, CAM, CAD, Basic Workshops (Fitting, Carpentry, Forging, Sheet Metal, Foundry), Welding, Machine shop and Turning shop.
Metallurgical Engineering section has various laboratories including Mineral Dressing Metal Casting, Foundry, Material testing (Destructive and non Destructive), Heat treatment and Metallography
General Section has control over the laboratories including Physics, Chemistry, Information Technology and English Communication Lab.
|Category||Scholarship Sanctioned for fresh students||Scholarship Sanctioned for Renewal students|
Land And InfraStructure